Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding MOH Pros & Cons

Yes- I was one of those crazy people who woke up at 4am to watch Kate Middleton marry Prince William (I had the day off to fulfill bridesmaid duties... more about that wedding in the future). But rather than share all my views about that, I'll stick with the point of this blog... being a bridesmaid. And let me just say, I was so jealous of Pippa Middleton's maid of honor dress. It was gorgeous. So I was thinking... what must it be like to be Kate's MOH?
Pros & Cons to being Kate's maid of honor:

  • Pro: Kate has great style. So your MOH dress wasn't going to be bad.
  • Con: 2 billion people are watching you fulfill your maid of honor duties.
  • Pro: Prince Harry (Best Man) has a sense of humor- so having to leave the church with him will be fun, rather than awkward. 
  • Con: It's a royal wedding, so that train is going to be longer than most. Lots of tweaking here and there to make it perfect, since about 2 billion people watched the wedding... they'll know if you don't get it just right.
  • Pro: Meeting the Queen.
  • Con: If there happens to be any sibling rivalry, well, Kate just jumped ahead.
  • Pro: Two receptions... so you get to change dresses
  • Con: The "small" reception was the one with 300 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment