Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wedding Day Playlists

So, The Knot tells you that a Wedding Day playlist is fun for getting ready. And surprisingly enough, I agree with them. Sort of.
See, they've got some good songs on there. But if that's all that was playing while we were trying to get married... well... it wouldn't be pretty. There's only so much sappiness and complete cheese that you can deal with while getting ready. So here's a few of my suggestions (feel free to comment with other suggestions). I will be the first to admit that several of mine fall under the "cheesy" category. (These are in no particular order either):
  1. Crazy in Love- Beyonce & Jay-Z
  2. Love Me Do- The Beatles
  3. I Want To Hold Your Hand- The Beatles
  4. Wedding Dress- Matt Nathanson
  5. Kiss the Girl- The Little Mermaid (Colbie Caillat's version is cute too!)
  6. The Way You Look Tonight- well... anyone (though my latest favorite is Maroon 5)
  7. Little Moments- Brad Paisley
  8. All I Want is You- Barry Louis Polisar
  9. Ever Ever After- Carrie Underwood
  10. The Way I Am- Ingrid Michaelson
  11. Everything- Michael Bublé
  12. Marry Me- Train
  13. Long Slow Beautiful Dance- Rascal Flatts
  14. Marry You- Bruno Mars (or the Glee version)
  15. I Do- Colbie Caillat
  16. Any of Taylor Swift's happy songs... "Love Story," "Today Was a Fairy Tale"
  17. Be sure to throw in some energetic songs (I have "Hey Ya" by Outkast and several from Glee) to get everyone excited and moving around
  18. And if the bride's mom or dad will be in the room and everyone can handle these songs without crying? "Stealing Cinderella" by Chuck Wicks or "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment