Friday, June 3, 2011

Wedding Tales & Horrors, Pt. 2

I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. It's been just over a month, and no bridesmaid duties. No dresses to buy or alter, no shoes to break in, no parties to plan, etc. I don't even have any weddings to attend until the end of September (and then I have 3 in a 4 week period)!

So I figured I'd share another bridesmaid story. This particular time, I had a car wreck the day of the bachelorette party (which was 4 days before the wedding), so I missed the party (I don't have good luck with bachelorette parties, but more about that later). My car was so beat up, that the police officer told me that the only reason he was letting me drive it home is because I was less than a mile from my house (and he told me that if I was pulled over for driving such an undriveable car to explain that it had just happened and etc.) Well- after dealing with the insurance company, they strongly suggested waiting until Saturday to get my rental car. And the wedding was on Friday, about 3 hours away.

So, I started to call other bridesmaids to see if I can catch a ride with them, but they had to leave while I was still in class (a 3-week class, and I was already missing the last day of class to be in the wedding). Which left my only option as a ride with a close friend, who was a guest... who had to work during the rehearsal (which was the morning of the wedding). We left as soon as her meetings were over, and I made it to the wedding just in time to get my hair and makeup done. Another bridesmaid had to show me where I was supposed to stand, how to walk in, all that fun stuff that I missed during the rehearsal.

Moral of the story? Don't drive on curvy roads in the rain if you've got something big planned for the weekend, or don't take classes during weddings that you can't afford to miss a day or two. (I still refuse to drive that particular curve in the rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment