Friday, March 25, 2011

Wedding Photographers

Time for me to brag about some wedding photographers. I haven't had a bad experience yet, but 2 particular experiences demand special mention.

I was in a wedding last summer when the bride's dress caught on a pew and ripped a nice line in the top layer of the dress. Of course, everyone heard the rip and the bride's subsequent gasp. After we exited the church, the photographer's wife/ assistant took a quick look at the rip, then ran out to her car to get a needle and thread and then quickly sewed up the rip for the bride. If that's not an example of a photographer saving the day, I don't know what is. (FYI, bridesmaids... new WEDDING DAY ITEM: keep a little hotel pack of needle and thread with you on the wedding day. Make sure you have thread that looks decent with your dress too!)

Then, I also have to brag about Mustard Seed Photography in Houston, TX. They were so so friendly and wonderful. Even though everything seemed to go wrong with pictures at the church, they managed to keep everyone calm and found other opportunities for us. During the reception, Kat got a picture of me eating, and when I joked with her about it, she promised to delete it (I only wish my family members would stop taking pictures of me & others eating now). I only wish I could remember all the other fantastic things they did for the wedding party, but I think all of the bridesmaids gave them hugs at the end of the reception. So if you know anyone getting married in the Houston area, tell them to give them a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment