Sunday, March 27, 2011

What to do with that used bridesmaid dress?

So, the wedding(s) has(have) come and gone. What should you do with your used bridesmaid dress(es) now?


  1. Shorten it and wear it again!! (I kid, I kid... although surely it has happened at one point? Legends have to start somewhere.)
  2. Well, you never know. It might be a dress you can wear again without shortening it. If you're that lucky, congratulations.
  3. After a google search, I found a suggestion to throw an annual party where everyone wears old bridesmaid dresses. I'm all for this idea.
  4. Get Crafty had some great ideas for old wedding dresses, and some of these might double as decent bridesmaid options.
  5. Save it for little girls to play dress up in. I know I tried to play with my mom's bridesmaid dresses when I was little... although her accessories were much easier to use for dress up (and we all know how fantastic 80s and 90s bridesmaid accessories were... costume jewelry, big flower headpieces, etc). 
  6. Donate it to charity! DonateMyDress.org and other charities take donated dresses to give to girls who can't afford a fancy dress to wear to prom, or they sell them and the donations go to good causes. Do check the fine print, as many of these require cleaned dresses before donation. At least one in my area was run by a dry cleaner, so you didn't even have to get it cleaned before donating (the next time they run this promotion, I'm taking some in).
  7. And my favorite suggestion of all, after googling: Wait until you have 27 of them and make all of your friends wear them in your wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment